Monday, June 12, 2006

Self Portrait Marathon



There is a Self Portrait Marathon going on at another blog. It has gotten my attention, and I'm going to participate, either officially or unofficially, and give it a go. This is a portrait of the artist as an inner child. A detail from a larger painting I did, which I called "Holy Family", it sums up a restless, irritable and disontented inner soul that always keeps me searching. Somehow, after almost 18 years of sobriety, I am able to be at peace with myself most of the time.

1 comment:

TFLS said...

You did that yourself? Very good work, my dear! And congratulations on your sobriety. Self-denial is a bitch - even when you know it’s for your own good. I stopped smoking a couple of years back, and I still miss the damn things. I guess its all relative. You should be very proud of yourself, though. You've given yourself a longer, happier life!